Fully Rested Forums

It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:14 am

Post subject: CoE debuff
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:50 pm  

For whoever is the lucky "CoE" warlock on any given night, I have good news =)

The DK talent Ebon Plaguebringer provides the exact same debuff and doesn't stack with CoE. So if we have an appropriately specced DK (I know Shrivel carries this talent for the time being) - you can drop CoE from your rotation. For that matter Boomkin's also have a talent that provides the same effect - Earth and Moon (though I haven't seen too many Boomkins in our raid lately). Its probably a good idea to see if we have any of the appropriate class\specs playing before dropping it from your rotation - but I thought I'd pass that on.

I kinda stumbled on this because I realized that we haven't been raiding with our usual Scorch debuff lately; because I've largely been specced Arcane. Additionally we've been a little lean on raiding mages of late - the only class capable of provinding the +crit debuff (though that will change soon). So for example on Sarth 2D - we were kinda missing a nice +10% crit for all our dps casters - which is pretty significant if you ask me...

Hopefully we'll have another mage around for our next Sarth try - that can spec into this. If not I'll respec back into it somehow...

Anyway I'm probably rambing off topic...I just find all the different debuff / buffs slots fairly complicated and yet amazinly useful.

Here is a blue post that summarizes the different buffs / debuffs available and how they stack / don't stack:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html;jsessionid=1924E3488C61CCA13B0E50F747573421.app06_04?topicId=5640524782&sid=1&pageNo=1

Nyb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:21 pm  

I'm giving 5% spell crit from my Elemental oath and 3% spell crit via Totem of Wrath, there is not another whole 10% of spell crit out there, is there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:49 pm  

Yep there is, your shammy crit comes in the form of a buff to yourself (and the rest of us). The 10% I'm referring to comes in the form of a debuff to the target. Warlocks are also getting this debuff come next patch...though it may be nerfed down to 5% - not sure about that.

Here is the data to prove it:

I raided with my pvp spec last week Tuesday - which incidentally includes the 10% crit debuff on bosses. If you look under raid stats for that tuesday raid you'll see your crit% for your lightning bolt spell is almost exactly 10% better when compared to Sundays raid (when I wasn't providing the debuff)

Tues Naxx: 47% crit on lightning bolt
Sun Maly\Sarth: 38% crit on lightning bolt

Big difference!

Nyb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:13 pm  

ah, cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am  

Just found this pretty cool website that lets you setup a raid composition and see what buffs you do and don't have - I thought it was pretty cool...

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

Nyb