Fully Rested Forums

It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:37 am

Post subject: Interesting way for Sarth 3, stolen off forums
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:11 am  

I've been seeing people successfully obliterate Sarth+3 with a zerg tactic. It looks fun, and I'm looking for 24 more people to do it.

2 tanks, 3 healers and 20 DPS.

Preference on DPS is for melee, but if you can snap up DPS fast and sustain it, I'll take any type of DPS you care to bring.

Requirements (for everyone):
• Gear on par for raiding Ulduar 25
• 100% avoidance of lava waves
• Flasks and buff food

Tanks:
• 40k+ health buffed
• Seriously high threat, you will be fighting to keep it every second of the fight
• The ability to nail your cooldowns and stay alive

Healers:
• Any classes can do this, but it would be really, really nice to have a Priest, a Paladin and a Shaman
• Must be able to multitask and handle what will be a seriously hairy situation

DPS:
• DPS must be able to generate and maintain an average of 5640 DPS for a total of 85 seconds. This is a high requirement, but see discussion below. It's very much attainable. This also assumes that the tanks do 0 DPS.
• Must be geared. Must have raiding experience. If I doubt your ability to generate adequate DPS, be prepared to supply me with a WWS report or Recount / Skada screenshots to back it up.

Explanation:
• We will engage Sarth from the back left corner (assuming you were facing him head on from his initial starting position).
• The MT will turn Sarth so that he is facing to the right (assuming you were facing him head on from his initial starting position).
• DPS and the OT will begin DPSing harder than they have ever DPSed before.
• 25 seconds in, the OT will stop DPS, position to pick up Vesperon, generate significant threat on him, and return to DPSing Sarth.
• The fight will be over 85 seconds in, win lose or draw. At 85 seconds, the second drake lands and wipes the raid if Sartharion is not killed. If Sartharion is dead, it doesn't matter whether you wipe, you still get loot and the achievement, title and reward.

Technical Crap (or, this isn't possible and you're out of your mind, Cal!):
• This will require a Shaman for Bloodlust. Bloodlust (and Potions of Speed) will be burnt 10 seconds into engagement. Bloodlust means that for a full 50% of the fight, you will be buffed +30% haste. This is huge.
• As I mentioned, preference will be giving to high-performing melee DPS. Melee's ability to generate DPS immediately and sustain it makes this the one fight we're actually suited to do.
• Since this fight is so unbelievably short, your DPS will be skewed greatly upward. For reference, under normal circumstances, my gear spreadsheets at about 4500 DPS, and on most boss fights that I'm not running around maniacally, that's the DPS I deliver. On this fight, my DPS spreadsheets at just under 6800. Attaining the necessary numbers is difficult, yes, but far from impossible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:30 pm  

Cound me in! Now just 23 more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:35 pm  

In

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:13 pm  

Also in on as Hunter or DK if Melee is better for this attempt