Fully Rested Forums

It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:09 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:41 am  

Someone pointed out that Sackhealer was Ret, so we did have those two auras. Wowwebstats just doesn't show those buffs well because they are side-effects of other paladin auras.

WF and Imp Scorch alone are HUGE multipliers though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:22 pm  

Wait - I thought Soul was bringing the imp scorch debuff...w/his Shadowbolt. He's demonolgy specced w/imp shadowbolt. Otherwise I'd be fire, in fact I might go fire anyways. Maybe I misunderstand the demo rotation - and they don't consist of regular shadowbolt spam? Seems unlikely though.

What was odd last night - is that on our 2nd attempt (where I pulled aggro like an idiot and died very early)...we got REALLY close - 2.5mill away. Had one extra DPS survived, it would have probably been a successful attempt. After that we seemed to get worse with each attempt.

I'd agree that perhaps we were missing a buff or two. We were missing a resto druid, don't know if that makes a difference - seems like thats a fight that could benefit nicely from their style of healing. I'd also have to say - bad nights happen. I know for one I played more poorly than usual last night.

Nyb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:24 pm  

WF totem was dropped by one of the shammys, only it is 17% haste instead of 20% since it wasn't an Enhancement shammy dropping it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:20 pm  

I don't know a lot about how WWS works, so it's possible it doesn't record everything that happens. When I browsed the log (which you can do from the stats link) it only listed WF totem as prioc'ing once or twice. On other guild's parses, it procs a whole lot.

Similarly, I can't find Soul casting anything but Incinerate and the Shadow Mastery debuff (which is what Imp Shadow Bolt procs) isn't listed. Again, this could be a problem with WWS and not what was really happening.

Regardless, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. We didn't spend much effort making sure we had all of the raid buffs covered. We were happy just to get enough people to go. However, we struggled on a boss that we've killed twice before so I wanted to see if anything was different.

We can definitely do better about not dying or pulling aggro. Another trick is to free the mages (the ones with the fire debuff) first because they will help melt out all the other NPCs.

Having more hot or AE healers will also help on Hodir. I went Resto on one attempt (#5?) and contributed a lot more healing than I realized at the time.

This is a pretty good site for estimating what raid buffs your group has or lacks. Not all buffs are created equal and Blizzard doesn't assume you have ALL of them. They do assume you have many of them.
http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:27 pm  

Yep, you're totally correct! I'd just assumed...

I'm going to change my 2nd spec from PVP frost to a fire spec - so that I can provide the buff if necessary. Additionally maybe our warlocks can provide it some of the time - when appropriate.

I think we need to start trying to improve our play on an individual level - we have lots of players w/good gear and the right attitude. We just need to start applying ourselves a little better. Re-vitalizing forum discussion would probably be a good place to start...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:14 pm  

Nybbler wrote:
Re-vitalizing forum discussion would probably be a good place to start...

Agree 100%. The lack of communication out of game hurts us I think.