Fully Rested Forums

It is currently Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:00 am

Post subject: I'm considering a hybrid healing spec
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:23 pm  

I've been looking at the way I heal and noticed that I get little advantage from the Holy Talents beyond CoH so I built a spec based on how rarely I use Greater Heal and how often I use CoH and Flash Heal.

I know there are some talents that are pretty much useless and I would consider putting them back into GH based talents, but I wanted to see what it would look like to ignore Greater Heal with a spec.

What do you guys think:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000 ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:11 am  

Well I know little to nothing about priest healing ... so I for one can't give much feedback on your spec. What I do know is that for anything PVE \ raid related - elitistjerks.com pretty much has all the information you could want to know about a given class. They will almost certainly have the best possible healing spec mapped out and stickied in their priest forum.

I check the mage forum regularly and adjust my playstyle to match... I'd definitely head over there and see what they have to say about priest specs if you haven't already. Good luck!

Nyb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:40 am  

Nybbler,

I read EJ pretty regularly (especially the Healing Priest thread for 3.0). But even that is behind the times. For instance the guy who started the thread doesn't even have the same spec he recommends in the thread.

I also don't think it is possible to build a one true spec. Different raid composition means a need to focus in different areas.

The assumption I was making was that it is not valuable for me to put a bunch of points into talents that I rarely, if ever, benefit from. Especially when I can use those points get talents that will help me in the short-term (add crit to spells I cast a lot) and in the long-term (reduce mana cost on instant spells).

I guess I am trying to anticipate the mana-regen changes that are coming down the pike for 3.1.

Thanks for the the feedback,
-Samir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:27 pm  

Sounds like you are already ahead of the game then - should be interesting once 3.1 hits!