Fully Rested Forums

It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:35 am

Post subject: [Shadow] VE and You
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:34 pm  

I was perusing Shadowpriest.com and came across this interesting thread about threat generation and use of VE. It appears that timely use of fade may allow for use of VE on Tidewalker (which woudl certainly be a boon for the healers). Since the Murlocs come after each earthquake, and the earthquakes are on a 45-60 second timer (Fade being 30 secs untalented), if we can get the mechanics of this down, it might just be a big raid plus.

We would definitely need someone to call aout when the Murlocks are actually entering the room, so Fade is not wated by using it too early 9i.e. when the raid warning says they are incoming).

I plan on giving this a try on our next Tidewalker attempt. If it works, then all of the SPs in a raid (like me and Zig) can use it and significantly lower the healing needed for the parties they are in.

NOTE ABOUT VE & VT:
VE and VT are subject to range issues -- VT only returns mana to party members within approximatley 60 yards. I do not know the range for VE, but I suspect it is the same. We need to make sure that we are not placed in groups that are split up range-wise (example -- on Lurker one time, a party member was on Island 1 while I was on Island 2. When we were both at the back of the islands, the range was too far for VT/VE).

Klaatu, Barrada, Nikto . . .
I guess I still need a Gort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:23 am  

Vampiric Embrace is situational. I no longer have Improved VE, because of serious threat issues -- I essentially could no longer use it at all without pulling aggro. Currently, with non-improved, I have to know that the tank will stay ahead of me before I consider using it.

Generally, I do not use it until the tank is well-ahead and looks to stay there. The amount of healing it does is not enough to risk being killed (VE does not help much if you're dead).

I LOVE VE for grinding, but it must be used carefully and sparingly in most raid encounters.

Post subject: VE
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:52 pm  

I like to use it so that I can self heal from SWD. I hate to make the healers work any harder than they already do.

Confused?